We offer the following subjects to all students at ACE Tiverton:
- Health & Fitness
- Food Technology
- Design Technology - from 2021
- Learning Outside the Classroom
In addition, we also have a visiting Music Therapist and we run regular Music Technology workshops for selected students throughout the year through an external provider.
Our curriculum is designed around the following half-termly themes:
- New Beginnings
- Exploration and Discovery
- The Future
Programmes of Study are designed to include National Curriculum content, life skills and general knowledge. Teachers will consider what knowledge, skills, techniques and strategies our students need to know, understand and apply independently to be prepared for adulthood, as well as what knowledge skills, experiences and opportunities every child should have to thrive, enjoy and flourish.
At ACE Tiverton we are developing our own unique strand to the curriculum called Horizons, aimed at broadening our students’ global outlook and building their cultural capital. It is made up of the following areas:
- Healthy Living (PSHE and Physical Wellbeing)
- Healthy Relationships (Relationships and Sex Education)
- Healthy Futures (Careers and Enterprise; Citizenship; British Values and Morals)
- Life Skills (Independent Living; Preparation for Adulthood; Cultural and Spiritial Capital)
- Mental Wellbeing - an ongoing theme that runs through all four of the above strands.
Programmes of study across all subjects will also outline how each unit connects with these areas, in addition to considering how to provide support and strategies in the four areas of need from the SEND Code of Practice:
- Cognition and Learning
- Sensory and Physical
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health
- Communication and Interaction